Thursday, August 28, 2014

#IceBucketChallenge



I was nominated my the beautiful Sarah from Whimsical Mumblings to do the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. I'm pretty sure we all heard of it and also enjoyed watching the videos, I know I have.

The Ice Bucket Challenge has raised $94.3 millions since July 29, 2014. Isn't that amazing! The challenge is raising money for any charity supporting Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. ALS is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. Motor neurons reach from the brain to the spinal cord and from the spinal cord to the muscles throughout the body. The progressive degeneration of the motor neurons in ALS eventually leads to their death. When the motor neurons die, the ability of the brain to initiate and control muscle movement is lost. With voluntary muscle action progressively affected, patients in the later stages of the disease may become totally paralyzed. There is no currently know cure for ALS although all the money being raised will go towards vital research.

We can help! Take the challenge or simply just donate! Be part of it!

To donate in the US go here
To donate in the UK go here

Here's my #IceBucketChallenge


I want to nominate a few fellow bloggers:

Hannah from Banana Beauty
Megan from Room With a Bloom
Beth from The British Girl






No comments:

Post a Comment